Linux Questions Members Choice Awards voting open now

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rich_roast

Linux Questions Members Choice Awards voting open now

Post by rich_roast »

Voting has opened at the Linux Questions Members Choice Awards

Of special interest for users of Linux Mint is the distro's nomination for desktop distribution of the year, so if you use Mint and think it deserves to win it seems only fair to Clem and the team to head on over, sign up if need be (free registration), and vote :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Linux Questions Members Choice Awards voting open now

Post by Husse »

I'll do that if I find my password :)
lexon

Post by lexon »

Just voted for Mint.

Lex
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Voted for Mint
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

Of course I voted for Mint as well!

Cheers.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

According to Jeremy, this is the most popular poll of all, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Looking at the thread, and smiling a bit at the noob grenade someone threw, it looks like Mint is holding its own but it's going to be a tough battle with Ubuntu, Slack, and Fedora. It's really hard to judge the relationship between the thread and what the voting might currently look like, but a big thanks to everyone who's voted so far (regardless of for which distro). These things are only interesting with a significant enough response.

Secretly, of course I'd like to see Mint win, so please take the time to vote if you do too, registration's a doddle, a less than five minute job.

One interesting thing is how the lack of a separate root admin account puts some users off, which I'd definitely understand for a server distro but I'm not 100% sure how it constitutes a disadvantage on a single or even multi-user desktop box. *Shrugs* perhaps I'm too much of a noob :lol:
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I was just emailed an update link for this thread at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... page4.html
Mint is collecting a fair few votes,and not all from the "usual suspects" who have popped up here :lol:
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

Hey! That's good news indeed!
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

I just found an email which tells me that there is but less than a week to get votes in: judging by the email header voting ends on the eleventh.

(Bump)
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Vote for the Linux Distribution of the Year ... I voted in this, way back when it first came out.

I voted for LinuxMint, of course. :P

The voting is almost over ... and there are only 11 pages of comments. :shock: I wonder how many votes?

Return to “Chat about Linux”