DVD Copying

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: DVD Copying

Post by scorp123 »

WindozeConvert wrote:Is there a way to backup copyrighted DVD's as there is with windows (Any DVD and any burning program)? I like to backup all of my DVD movies and play the backups to keep the original preserved and would like to continue to do so with Linux Mint.
I think k9copy might be what you want. Look for it in synaptic ("Add / Remove Programs ... ")
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

WindozeConvert wrote:That looks good but I was wanting something that would write dual layer disks, just like the original. Do you know of anything that might fit the bill?
Although these tips are for the Gentoo distribution, most commands they show there should work on LinuxMint too:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Backup_a_DVD
If you want to try any of the programs they mention: replace Gentoo's emerge command with apt-get install ... e.g. instead of emerge vobcopy you'd install the program by typing apt-get install vobcopy, OK? Or simply use synaptic and search for the program's name and install it that way.

Regards,
Scorp123

Return to “Software & Applications”