anyone use Klean Sweep? SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mdquince

anyone use Klean Sweep? SOLVED

Post by mdquince »

I have been checking out Klean Sweep and when I ran it it found like 10,000 files to delete now I maybe new to linux and a little paranoid but I know better then that. I used it once before and when I deleted those files you guessed it mint 8 would not even start the next time i started up my computer so does any one know the proper settings to just delete the files that I really do not need without needing to reinstall mint 8 again? and to those who have helped me with honest basic answers THANK YOU.
I have fixed most of the problems and of course it was mainly because I was deleting stuff that mint 8 needed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: anyone use Klean Sweep?

Post by Husse »

Don't use tools like that unless you are extremely short on disk space
Some redundant files won't harm you, in Windows they may but basically not in Linux
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

I use Bleachbit
mdquince

Post by mdquince »

Bleachbit looks great but should i run it as normal as a root??
mdquince

Post by mdquince »

never mind I ran it both ways and boy did I have a lot of crap it deleted....lol THANKS!
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

BTW, checkout YouTube bleachbit. There is a nice little tutorial.
mdquince

Re: anyone use Klean Sweep? SOLVED

Post by mdquince »

I USED IT AND MY COMPUTER RUNS SLOWER THEN IT USED TO. THINK I'M GOING TO LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE....LOL

Return to “Beginner Questions”