[invalid] Namoroka completely crashed my system

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ckosloff

[invalid] Namoroka completely crashed my system

Post by ckosloff »

I have not received any significant answer about the bugs that I reported for Namoroka, and this is very disappointing.
I expected at least a response from the dev team.
Now it happened that this damn browser unexpectedly closed and wouldn't re-open.
I rebooted system in the hope that it would fix it, but alas! the system would not start at all.
It was a Linux crash, since the Windows partition booted fine, so unrelated to hardware.
I had to run fsck manually from recovery mode and after a couple reboots, the system was back up again.
What the heck is going on with this browser?
Mint Helena x-64
HP Pavilion DV8000, 2GB RAM, Turion x-64 proc., 2 HDD 360 GB each, new from Western Digital.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Namoroka completely crashed my system

Post by Husse »

The dev team for Namoroka is found over at Mozilla - I suppose you mean Firefox 3.6
It's only just released and not included in Mint
The info provided not enough for a bug report

Return to “Beginner Questions”