Lost my keyboard

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pauloates

Lost my keyboard

Post by pauloates »

I was experimenting with booting Mint 8 KDE edition from a USB pendrive - went into BIOS to change boot order - no response from keyboard, started loading my normal Mint 8 (Gnome) but I pressed reset to abort. Next time I boot computer I get the grub menu but no response from keyboard. Try booting with a live Parted Magic CD - first screen will not respond to keyboard but after PM automatically loads keyboard (and mouse) both working! Shut down, boot as normal, but same problem. Any advice would be most welcome.

Paul Oates
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pauloates

Re: Lost my keyboard

Post by pauloates »

At 4 this morning I decided it was a bios problem - but not what I thought. I solved the problem by changing the keyboard from usb to the other type (ps/2?). This enabled me to choose from the grub screen and also get into the bios. Now I find there a choice of running usb from the bios or from the os - I have changed it to select bios which I think will avoid such a problem in the future - but is this the best thing to do, may usb not run so well?

Paul Oates
pauloates

Re: Lost my keyboard

Post by pauloates »

Sorry - I missed the previous discussion on this problem and have just seen it.

Paul Oates

Return to “Installation & Boot”