how do i install an ftp client in mint 8

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sanitarium

how do i install an ftp client in mint 8

Post by sanitarium »

hey
i'm trying to install an ftpcube in mint 8 but am unsure on how to do it could someone please help
thanks
sanitarium
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: how do i install an ftp client in mint 8

Post by grimdestripador »

filezilla is in the repositories too.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install filezilla
fwc

Post by fwc »

You can get filezilla but the program is already there in the command line if you are familiar with it.

This is a link to view the command description and options:
http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl1_ftp.htm
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Post by grimdestripador »

and what is the command again to recursively copy contents of folder to destination on ftp? I might need to upload more than a single file at a time. Also there is no auto complete for files, and I often have long file names.
sanitarium

Post by sanitarium »

hey
kool thank you i use filezilla in windows so thats perfect thank you both for your help
sanitarium
gravelbay

Post by gravelbay »

Another handy option, if you use Firefox, is a plugin called FireFTP. I don't have any fancy needs like automation, so it suits my needs. I'm usually browsing at the time I need to xfer a file anyway, so I just click the button and it opens a new tab.
sanitarium

Post by sanitarium »

hey
kool thanks i'll bear that in mind i just need it to transfer stuff to my xbox
thanks
sanitarium

Return to “Beginner Questions”