Thinkpad z60t fingerprint reader support?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
confused.brit

Thinkpad z60t fingerprint reader support?

Post by confused.brit »

I have just purchased a Corp refurb z60t and am trying to get the fingerprint reader working in Mint8, mostly for the new toy factor.

I found out about Thinkfinger, installed it, added the requisite entries to /etc/pam.d/common-auth, but now GKSU and mint-update fail silently.

It isnt the problem i keep finding reported, where GKSU stays invisible, this is fixed in current version anyway, instead i authenticate (usually with password as the print read seems not to trigger in GKSU) and the program requiring Root does not load. Ever.

Meanwhile calling sudo from terminal does work, and even accepts the fingerprint sometimes (though it would be nice to see acknowledgement of a fail... ah well)

Mint update never checks for updates. Whenever i try and open it, i fall into the GKSU issue, and it seems its no longer mint-update to call from the terminal.

I'm thinking about removing Thinkfinger altogether, but i would like the fingerprint reader working if I can without breaking everything else.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
confused.brit

Re: Thinkpad z60t fingerprint reader support?

Post by confused.brit »

Bump!

I got the mint updater working by running synaptic and having it reload its lists.

As to the gksu issue, it works with the fingerprint, i figured out. Its only failing with the password.
tonyric

Re: Thinkpad z60t fingerprint reader support?

Post by tonyric »

So, it is working? fprint is the newer thinkfinger (I believe) I stopped using it because it totally borks KDM but works great with GDM.

Return to “Hardware Support”