Downloads not going to download folder

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mozza

Downloads not going to download folder

Post by Mozza »

I have Just Installed Mint 8 and when i downloaded the user manual it did not download to the downloads folder, how do i fint the file i have downloaded and also how can i make sue it goes to the download folder, Also I do believe i have got the Universal version which does not have some of the codecs, flash player that the other edition has
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Downloads not going to download folder

Post by remoulder »

Files do not go to the download folder unless you tell the program you are using to put them there. Look in your home folder or desktop for anything you have downloaded.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Mozza

Post by Mozza »

I did try there but nothing in any of the files, how would i tell firefox to put all downloads in the downloads folder!
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Edit/Preferences Save Files to !!!

Come on now!
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Open a terminal, type >> sudo find <filename> This will give you the path of where to find your downloaded fule. Then, just look in that folder.
Mozza

Post by Mozza »

Sorry guys for being so dumb, Been an apple user all my life and have been spoilt,
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Mozza wrote:Been an apple user all my life
Hallelujah, at least you've finally been saved :D
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Beginner Questions”