Where and how do i get wine into Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mozza

Where and how do i get wine into Mint

Post by Mozza »

As the title states realy. I have gone on the the WineHQ website but there are no instructions for mint, Can someone help me get it on here please, I really need wine and am willing to learn, and Not Afraid of the command line just not verry proficient at it,

Please Help

Mozza
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hemimaniac

Re: Where and how do i get wine into Mint

Post by hemimaniac »

Mozza wrote:As the title states realy. I have gone on the the WineHQ website but there are no instructions for mint, Can someone help me get it on here please, I really need wine and am willing to learn, and Not Afraid of the command line just not verry proficient at it,

Please Help

Mozza
Look in synaptic package manager or mint install they are there just mark for instillation and hit apply
Mozza

Post by Mozza »

Went to the synaptic manager found wine 1.3.31, I believe this is the right thing, Cheers

Oh whilst im here how do i get the mint chat back up, the one that you can get to from the inital startup screen i must have sad to not show any more but would like it back up as it is very useful
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

Mozza wrote:Went to the synaptic manager found wine 1.3.31, I believe this is the right thing, Cheers

Oh whilst im here how do i get the mint chat back up, the one that you can get to from the inital startup screen i must have sad to not show any more but would like it back up as it is very useful
Pop open a terminal and do

$ mintwelcome

then when the window opens just put the checkmark back in it to show at start up
emoric

Post by emoric »

sudo apt-get install wine

cheers!
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

emoric wrote:sudo apt-get install wine
This will install the "stable" release of wine, which doesn't have the same degree of software support that you'll find in the newer releases. If you need maximum available software support try:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install wine1.2

Return to “Beginner Questions”