Mount of filesystem failed

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Stuartirish

Mount of filesystem failed

Post by Stuartirish »

Ok I'm new to linux meaning I download it last night had some issue with mouse so today I downloaded it again and installed it. Got to desktop and everything fine got into chat and said hello then mouse stop responding so using keyboard i tried to ask for help but half way in the message keyboard stops responding. everything else is still working fine cause i can see new message appearing in the chat so i restart

This time i started updates right away and go into chat and ask for help and being the nice people you guys are i got someone to help me. they said to do the update which i sad going. at this point my mouse had stopped working and so did the keyboard and i couldn't see the updates so I restarted and started the updates up again

this time got them done and installed again by the time they were done the keyboard and mouse weren't working so i restarted this time however it never reached the desktop and have me this

Mount of Filesystem failed
A maintaince shell will now be started
CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and re-try
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue): #starting init crypto disks...... [OK]

so i trype my password it and all i get is one of those Q&A (which are funny) and then this line

Stuart-Desktop~#

I'm running Mint-8 on a dell dimension c521

I was thinking Re-install Linux but doesn't seem to be solving my problem
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: Mount of filesystem failed

Post by MaddogF16 »

Unfortunately the restarts when updates may not have been done, may have lead to this issue. I would re- install, but first off is this a desktop setup or laptop? If desktop, are you using a wireless mouse and keyboard? If so try a corded pair till we get you going full tilt. If wireless, are the batteries good?
Stuartirish

Re: Mount of filesystem failed

Post by Stuartirish »

Thanks for the help but I've re-installed and everything is working flawlessly.

Thanks again loving the help on here and in IRC Chat

Stuart.
(This topic can be closed)

Return to “Installation & Boot”