suspend/hibernate and ati driver issues

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rootkowski
Level 3
Level 3

suspend/hibernate and ati driver issues

Post by rootkowski »

Hello!

Recently I have installed Cassandra on my two computers (both me and my wife love it!!!) - a stationary (athlon64 3200+, nvidia 6600 512 mb) and on a laptop (HP pavilion zv 5206, Celeron 2800, ATI 9000 IGP with shared memory up to 128mb). On both machines I have the same issue - the screen just never comes back only stays black. To put the system to suspend or hibernate works fine, the waking is the problem. I've been looking on different forums and found nothing, no solution, though a lot of people seem to have the same issue.

An additional problem with the laptop is that I cannot even install ATI drivers through Envy or Restricted Drivers Manager. Envy returns an error saying the driver does not support my hardware and RDM says I don't need any driver. I'm not saying I do need one, I only tried to install it hoping the suspend thing would work then. Well, it doesn't.

I hope someone has a solution or if not that the developers will solve it eventually. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint rootkowski
Well I'd write to the forum if I managed to get out of hibernate/suspend in good working order - regardless of operating system.
ATI is not happy with Linux and as tseliot states there's nothing to install
(Funny - that post appeared after I begun this answer :))
rootkowski
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rootkowski »

Thank you for your replies. I simply couldn't figure it out myself whether I need a driver or not. And I guess to solve the suspend issue is just to wait :-)

Thanks a lot, tseliot! Tack sÃ¥ jätte mycket, Husse! I feel welcome on this forum :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

@ rootkowski
A fellow swede?
rootkowski
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rootkowski »

Husse wrote:@ rootkowski
A fellow swede?
5 years in Stockholm :-) That was enough to learn Swedish ;-)

Return to “Beginner Questions”