DVD drive eject = open then close

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hairybiker
Level 4
Level 4

DVD drive eject = open then close

Post by hairybiker »

I had this problem in Ubuntu 8.04 but it seems to have happened again. Running Mint 8 64bit on a dell Dimension 9200.
When a disk is ejected (by software not the button) it will fully eject then close again.

Any ideas.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: DVD drive eject = open then close

Post by DrHu »

The device is busy or the software eject command lost access to the device as soon as the command was completed
  • You are running an application which may need the device, but at that moment does not..
Now you don't say whether or not the button does eject the dvd drawer/slot or not, if it does, then no problem (with the device: anyway!)
hairybiker
Level 4
Level 4

Re: DVD drive eject = open then close

Post by hairybiker »

DrHu wrote:Now you don't say whether or not the button does eject the dvd drawer/slot or not, if it does, then no problem (with the device: anyway!)
hairybiker wrote: (by software not the button)
By that I meant that if I press the button it will eject and stay out.
DVD icon on desktop nothing accessing it, right click and choose eject and it ejects then immediately closes, same with DVD Burn, I have eject at finish ticked, it finishes, ejects then immediately closes.

I have maybe 0.5 sec to remove the disc/stop it from closing again.

Now this was the bug that made me move from Ubuntu to Mint in the first instance, I don't want to move again I like Mint and have got a few others to use it.

Return to “Hardware Support”