Screen resolution

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
llmunro

Screen resolution

Post by llmunro »

Hi,

I'm trying to get ahold of how Linux Mint works, mostly just through playing with it. Nevertheless, I've somehow clicked on something that has changed the screen resolution so that all of the icons are enormous, leaving little space for anything else! Windows barely fit my screen! I can't figure out what I did or how to fix it. I've tried going under "display" and messing with the screen resolution settings, but these seemed to make it worse. I want everything to be smaller so that I can actually see other windows, etc.

Any ideas on how to adjust this?

Sorry for way basic question, but really, I don't know.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RedWagon

Re: Screen resolution

Post by RedWagon »

I've tried going under "display" and messing with the screen resolution settings, but these seemed to make it worse.
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but when you messed with the resolution did you set it smaller or larger? A smaller screen resolution gives you a smaller area to work with but since that area is always stretched to the edge of your monitor it has the effect of making everything on the screen bigger. If you make your screen res bigger there will be a lot more room to work with and consequently everything on your monitor will appear smaller.
llmunro

Re: Screen resolution

Post by llmunro »

Figured this one out---something to do with the graphics card? I don't know, but all's well here!

Best,
L.

Return to “Beginner Questions”