Why am I ranked level 2?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bzzzzz

Why am I ranked level 2?

Post by bzzzzz »

What have I done to deserve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Why am I ranked level 2?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

You have posted more than 50 times. At 100 posts, you will be level 3, 250 - level 4, 500 - level5, 1000 - level 6, etc.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

:cry: Oh, NO!! . . . not 'another' Level 2

Welcome to the 'ranks' of Mint. :lol:
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Yeah, these level 2s seem to be popping up all over. Ain't it great? All these new Mint addicts and more coming.
Leppie

Post by Leppie »

so we'd better start posting our a.... off... :lol:
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

Aging Technogeek wrote:Yeah, these level 2s seem to be popping up all over. Ain't it great? All these new Mint addicts and more coming.
addict? i just wanted something stable, open, configurable and something that wouldn't BSOD me, or not "mount" every-time i got a new KB (as i type like a hammer), and for posts? sorry to say there that sometimes i don't post because imo some of these newer threads could be prevented by reading the release notes while the .iso is downloading.

I'm still friendly :P just wanted to interject my opinion
bzzzzz

Post by bzzzzz »

Right.

Sorry to be dismissive but I think that the level tag is worse than useless. I'd assumed that it had something to do with general experience with linux and linux mint, and not that they'd managed to amass lots of posts.

Much more valuable would be (as I suggest here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=41582) to indicate how useful a poster has been in solving problems.

I used to think that when somebody responded who was a level 6 their advice would be more valuable than a level 2, now I'm not so sure.

Return to “Beginner Questions”