Thinkpad X41 hang on suspend SD/MMC issue

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bangoman

Thinkpad X41 hang on suspend SD/MMC issue

Post by bangoman »

Hi all,

Long time lurker, 1st time poster. The internet has succeeded thus far in my Linux Mint 7 installation on my Thinkpad X41, which worked flawlessly. However, I have upgraded to Linux Mint 8. I've searched these fora and ubuntuforums.org for a solution but no luck.

If I have an SD card in the built in reader and it is mounted, the laptop hangs. If I unmount before suspend, everything is fine. It is the same whether I close the lid, use the suspend option from the quit menu or use pm-suspend.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_ ... end-to-ram
The above link says that I need to rmmod sdhci, mmc_block, and mmc_core before suspend, which seems to work if I do it by hand in terminal. I'm trying to work out where and how to do this automatically so I don't have to unmount every time (not a big deal, but one I'd like to crack!).

I have found the acpi "sleep.sh" script but it seems that this is only valid if no other process is listening for the lid switch.

- Am I right in assuming that the Gnome Power Manager (and therefore HAL by proxy) is taking care of business when I suspend?
- I assume that editing the acpi scripts is pointless as Mint 8 uses pm-utils?
- So where can I slide in the rmmod commands?
- Would editing anything in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d help?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Thinkpad X41 hang on suspend SD/MMC issue

Post by Husse »

Forgive me for giving a short answer
HAL is not used in Helena/Karmic except for I/O devices and will disappear completely in Lucid I think
Somewhere in the forum I have answered some similar questions with the advice to use a script so the offending module is not going to sleep (completely)
Don't know if it's the same script as you found
Use advanced search in the forum and search for my user name and suspend

Return to “Hardware Support”