Split 8k TV to 4 screens at this TV

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
spamator12
Level 4
Level 4

Split 8k TV to 4 screens at this TV

Post by spamator12 »

It is possible in Mint? I would like to do something like here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixGBr1n2L60

It would be 4x4k screens (in linux they are called workspaces I think). Graphic card is not a problem cause the thing it will display is simple 2D, no 3D, no games. I would rather put attention on cable transmission (8k - 7680 × 4320 at 120Hz means "Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable " and HDMI 2.1 cause TVs do NOT have DP [DP 2.0] witch is a pity... cause it's a better connector then HDMI) and CPU (cause 4 browsers and lot of JS mean many computations/calculations).

It is possible? Cause right now I cannot divide my laptop FHD (1920x1080) screen to 4 workspaces active on a main screen...
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Split 8k TV to 4 screens at this TV

Post by Hoser Rob »

I just searched "linux alternative to UltraView Desktop Manager" and "ubuntu alternative to UltraView Desktop Manager". I got nothing that relates to Linux whatsoever. Lots of Windows hits but nothing Linux.

So I'm afraid I'd have to say no.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
spamator12
Level 4
Level 4

Post by spamator12 »

Ok, no problem, I know I can do it on windows but of course I prefer linux (mint). Is there any place I can 'feature request' this, so mint developers can consider adding this kind of feature to the newest system? I guess I will start with "Programming & Development" - viewforum.php?f=120

EDIT: just found viewtopic.php?t=348973 - so "Suggestions & Feedback" forum - viewforum.php?f=29 is a better place to post this.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Topic moved. Please report your own post if you feel you posted it in the wrong place, rather than posting a duplicate. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
spamator12
Level 4
Level 4

Post by spamator12 »

Moem wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:15 am Topic moved. Please report your own post if you feel you posted it in the wrong place, rather than posting a duplicate. Thanks!
Yea reference link was posted exactly for admin to move the topic, thanks.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

spamator12 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:00 pmYea reference link was posted exactly for admin to move the topic, thanks.
No. One is not supposed to post notes to admin/moderators in topics.

If you have a request for a moderator/admin, you click the ! button on your post then select the last option from the drop-down and type your request to have the topic moved.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
spamator12
Level 4
Level 4

Post by spamator12 »

Didn't know that. I thought when I create a new topic in proper forum section where it point to the old one with the comments that the problem is not resolved and this is a LM feature (the forum section that a new topic was created) sooner or later somebody with "admin" privileges will merge it, or do as what he think is best (maybe move the content and leave a link as reference - or vice versa, or completely delete one of the topic).

But now I know I have to do it manually.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”