Working with Linux Mint 21

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AZPirate
Level 1
Level 1

Working with Linux Mint 21

Post by AZPirate »

Hello, I have Linux Mint 21.2 now, I have used linux mint in the past but only on my laptops which I do not use often. I installed the new one on my desktop (which is my primary) mostly because I was good and sick of the games and problems with Windows. I must say that Linux is the superior O/S, I have been reading of issues that people are having when trying to get linux to do something that their windows used to do. I have had that same issue with a few things that I use often, (cut and paste, photo and video rendering, Canon printer, Scanner, just to name a few. I have found in all cases that Linux has stuff that does the same job as whatever your windows programs were and the Canon printer was recognized by Linux (and scanner files) which were then sent to me in an update that installed and now everything is working great. Linux is faster and I am not getting hacked, and once I stopped trying to "make" things work with Linux and just let the O/S read my computer it would then give me the answers I was looking for. I guess that it's true, "you must unlearn what you have learned". :D
Last edited by SMG on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Other Topics to Chat about Linux Mint because this is not a request for help with a problem. Fixed typo in the title.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Working with Lenux Mint 21

Post by motoryzen »

Congratulations on your seemingly good progress on having a good experience so far in Linux Mint. I couldn't agree more with the last part of your comment.

Many don't realize that in order for something to change, it starts with one's mentality..how one approaches the journey. The will to win begins within. :D
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Working with Linux Mint 21

Post by Petermint »

in all cases that Linux has stuff
Lots of reports in forums are back when Linux did not have one of those stuffs. Things arrive with Windows drivers. The Linux driver might take two years and might be missing some options for a few more years. Some Linux distributions decide not to include the latest or to keep their download small by excluding things the developers do not use.

As an example, I had to wait a while before Linux supported my Canon scanner then two different support packages arrived at the same time. :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”