Linux Mint 8 KDE64 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 8 KDE64 released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 8 “Helena” KDE64 Community Edition. Quick steps: Download the ISO or the torrent. While it’s downloading look at the overview of the new features in Linux Mint 8 KDE CE, read the User Guide and make sure to quickly go through the known issues. After the ISO [...]
Read more: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1275

Clem
Jay514

Re: Linux Mint 8 KDE64 released!

Post by Jay514 »

I :D downloaded & installed last nite w/ very little issues. I am a longtime KDE fan & Mint fan, I have been waiting on the x64 of Mint-KDE :o distro for a while now & It looks pretty good, :roll: so far runs pretty good on my HP Pavilion DV4-1275mx, still tweaking it for my pref. I want to say THANKS to Clem & the team, & Thanks to Boo 8) for all the hard work.
Jay514 :mrgreen:
cottfcfan
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cottfcfan »

Downloaded & installed 24hrs ago, just one word AWESOME!!!
This has got to be Mints biggest triumph to date.
Well worth the wait.
IMO Mint should make KDE the default desktop, this is by far the best KDE Distro out there.
Thanx to the Mint team, and keep up the good work.
Rank0

Post by Rank0 »

Yes, Mint 8 KDE is a top-notch release and my processor really likes all of the 64 bits ;) Well worth the wait. My sincerest thanks to the whole team!
lcfr666s8n

Post by lcfr666s8n »

I looked at Mint 8 off of the live CD//// LOVE it so far... I hope they can get a mint4win to work with it though... Trying to do it off the live CD I get confused.... LOL :oops:
mandog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mandog »

Installed Mint KDE 64bt yesterday very impressed so far.
Only bad point Amarok is not the latest version and does not play CD, without upgrading to the latest version. That is the only flaw that I have found
so far good work Guys.
deleted

Post by deleted »

I do miss an equalizer with Mint 8x64.
The only other thing I did was change the widgets to use QtCurve and remove the stripes in the title bar.
Looks great and performs even better.
-Hinto
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Looks and runs great, I am very impressed with it... especially the wallpaper. :oops: Thanks for choosing it!
thecec

Post by thecec »

I installed it a few hours ago on my little tests-box and I have to say that it is really a great job.
I'll probably switch from Kubuntu after some days of playing around; in fact I was a kinda disappointed by 9.04, not for the KDE part, but for the overall stability (especially the ext4 issue).

Nice work! :D

Return to “Releases & Announcements”