Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
likespie

Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Post by likespie »

I'm a new Linux Mint user, and new to Linux in general. I've finished installing Helena with the x64 kernel on my macbook, and I find the trackpad is very touchy when dealing with the 'tap to click', but without it, I don't have a convenient way of right clicking. So, my question is, is there a way to disable dragging windows by tapping the trackpad, or disabling the primary click while still being able to secondary click?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Post by remoulder »

likespie wrote:I find the trackpad is very touchy when dealing with the 'tap to click'
Do you have a touchpad tab in mouse settings, can you change tap-to-click there? If so and it's not giving enough control, install gpointing-device-settings via synaptic. If not is your touchpad only recognized as a mouse?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
likespie

Re: Macbook 5,1 Trackpad

Post by likespie »

remoulder wrote: Do you have a touchpad tab in mouse settings, can you change tap-to-click there? If so and it's not giving enough control, install gpointing-device-settings via synaptic. If not is your touchpad only recognized as a mouse?
The setting is there, I just liked the tap to click for the secondary click only, but I've went ahead and disabled it.

Return to “Hardware Support”