New Desktop Computer - Part 8 (The Tear-down))

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: New Desktop Computer - Part 8 (The Tear-down))

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Lou77 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:48 am ...It seems the manufacturers are prone to swap controllers and memory during various production runs, yet you will never see them do a news flash about that. :) We think we are buying a board with a Phison controller and it may not be, or may be a hobbled version of the controller...
WD caught a lot of flack over that very issue a while back (one of several reasons I'm not a WD fan girl anymore). They sent out samples to reviewers, then changed the internal components to inferior ones in the production version.

Something that "bytes" my ample asset is SSD manufacturers don't make SSD support software, such as Samsung's Magician, that works with Linux. :roll: Sabrent is just as guilty. Even SMART access is limited in Linux.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Lord, I wish I had one tenth of your talent!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

MurphCID wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:57 am Lord, I wish I had one tenth of your talent!
Thanks! However, you would be cheating yourself; you're pretty darned talented yourself!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!

Return to “Open Chat”