Hello from France/Bonjour de France

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Libb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello from France/Bonjour de France

Post by Libb »

Hello,

I am new here and new to Linux Mint.

I am not completely new to GNU/Linux, as I have been using Debian for a approx. 4 years now on my laptop. But I am not an expert user, like not at all. I mean I used my Linux laptop to do the exact same things I can do on my desktop Mac which is not that much: writing, reading, Web browsing, listening to music and watching stuff and the very occasional play with the command line, for real basic stuff that suit my real basic needs.

I tried Mint for a single reason: not-expert-me never managed to understand what I was supposed to do in order to get my beloved Debian to recognize and pair with the Apple Airpods I wanted to use. I tried Mint and, surprise, it just worked. So, I kept testing Mint and quite liked it, including Cinnamon desktop.So, despite being a self-proclaimed fan of Debian and of Xfce that I have been happily using since I installed them 4 years ago without ever looking elsewhere, I decided to switch distro and DE. And here I am.

Who am I? A fifty-something dude from Paris (France) that — to be faithful to the clichés about French — is not hostile to some good cheese and even to the occasional glass of wine but — here is the moment where I rebel against those clichés — I don't fancy baguettes that much ;)
mudassir
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hello from France/Bonjour de France

Post by mudassir »

Hey dude, welcome to the Forum... great to know you about you :)

Linux Mint is really a great Operating System not only for entertainment and basic everyday tasks but for professional tasks too... I mean great for graphic designers and programmers. To me, it's beautiful, light weight and capable!
Please SHARE Knowledge.. Let's not FLAUNT it...
FUN := 'Linux Mint 21 Vanessa Cinnamon' + 'Php, Apache, MySQL Server' + 'Lazarus' + 'Gambas';
const Lazarus : Pascal; const Gambas As BASIC
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Libb,
Welcome to the Linux mint Forum. Enjoy the Journey! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forum,
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”