I want my Dew back!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
schrodinger's cat

I want my Dew back!

Post by schrodinger's cat »

Have upgraded to LM8-KDE, and it's definitely a winner. The only thing is, and I don't mean to insult the artist, but I much prefer the Dew wallpaper to the new Bubbles. How can I get the Gloria artwork back? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gnarly

Re: I want my Dew back!

Post by Gnarly »

schrodinger's cat wrote:Have upgraded to LM8-KDE, and it's definitely a winner. The only thing is, and I don't mean to insult the artist, but I much prefer the Dew wallpaper to the new Bubbles. How can I get the Gloria artwork back? Thanks.

I agree. The artwork/Theme of Gloria was really sweet!
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

How about searching on the web a bit and take a look at Zwopper's amazing devaintart site? ;)

Here you go and it's here where you can find the Mint Dew background.
http://zwopper.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--8
XidCat

Post by XidCat »

The Dew wallpaper comes with the KDE CE (at least the 64 bit). Go to the Desktop Settings, change wallpaper... I counted at least 15-20 different wallpapers packed with the KDE CE, including the old Elyssa background...
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

I didn't pay any attention to it but XidCat is right. Dew is still in Mint 8 KDE CE also on the 32 bit version, just checked it. What was my head thinking at the moment i posted the link...? lol. :)

I guess something went wrong with the upgrade on your end schrodinger's cat... i always prefer a clean install above upgrade because of bad experiences. Too many things went wrong in the past for me after such a upgrade.
schrodinger's cat

XidCat wrote:The Dew wallpaper comes with the KDE CE (at least the 64 bit). Go to the Desktop Settings, change wallpaper... I counted at least 15-20 different wallpapers packed with the KDE CE, including the old Elyssa background...
Well, I had looked in System Settings under Appearance, Desktop, Desktop Theme Details, and Login Manager, and Dew was nowhere to be found, even when I checked off Get New Themes or Get New Wallpaper. I forgot about right clicking on the desktop to access Desktop Settings. Thanks for reminding me. In KDE 4 these options are scattered around in way too many different places. All appearance settings and options should be consolidated in one module. However, even after I selected the Dew theme that was available in Desktop Settings, the login screen is still Helena style, but at least the wallpaper is Dew.
schrodinger's cat

Mathius Quest wrote:I didn't pay any attention to it but XidCat is right. Dew is still in Mint 8 KDE CE also on the 32 bit version, just checked it. What was my head thinking at the moment i posted the link...? lol. :)

I guess something went wrong with the upgrade on your end schrodinger's cat... i always prefer a clean install above upgrade because of bad experiences. Too many things went wrong in the past for me after such a upgrade.
Sorry, I was imprecise in my use of the word upgrade. I "upgraded" my system from Mint 7 to Mint 8, but I did a clean install of Helena and did not just "upgrade" Gloria. I will check deviantart for the Mint 7 login screen, which didn't change when I selected the Dew theme in Desktop Settings.
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

Aha, i see.... So you want everything back in te Dew style, i thought you meant only the wallpaper. For that you'll need the seperate Mint Dew splash screen/login screen etc.... but where to find that i don't know.

Return to “Software & Applications”