Mint icon for Kickoff menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
recent-convert

Mint icon for Kickoff menu

Post by recent-convert »

When screwing about with different widgets I managed to lose the original menu icon. Can anyone tell me where in the filesystem the icon is found, so that I can reinstate it? The default Kickoff icon is ugly to my eyes.

Also, I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but is there a plan to bring mintMenu to the KDE edition?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dolf05

Re: Mint icon for Kickoff menu

Post by dolf05 »

root/user/share/linuxmint
recent-convert

Post by recent-convert »

Excellent, thanks!
schrodinger's cat

Post by schrodinger's cat »

I sure wish there were a way to make the Mint icon the default for the launcher. I hate the Kickoff menu and always switch to the Classic menu, but you can't edit favorites in Classic, you have to switch back and forth to Kickoff to do that, and every time you do the icon changes back to KDE. Does anyone know where the location is that contains Other Icons? If I could copy the Mint icon into there then at least I wouldn't have to navigate to /user/share/linuxmint every time it changes. Thanks.
dolf05

Post by dolf05 »

Copy the file to a easy directory or place say the desktop then right click the kickoff menu and select "application launcher settings", left click the icon icon(that looks daft typing that), select "other icons" check box (or circle) and browse to where you placed the icon. And there it is.
schrodinger's cat

Post by schrodinger's cat »

dolf05 wrote:Copy the file to a easy directory or place say the desktop then right click the kickoff menu and select "application launcher settings", left click the icon icon(that looks daft typing that), select "other icons" check box (or circle) and browse to where you placed the icon. And there it is.
I would like to eliminate the need to browse at all. When you click on "Other Icons" a panel opens showing a bunch of miscellaneous icons. If I could get the Mint icon to show up in that panel, I could select it without having to browse.
dolf05

Post by dolf05 »

I could be wrong with this but where the icons are depends on the icon theme you are using.

Return to “Software & Applications”