The system crashes in normal boot.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AliIssa18
Level 1
Level 1

The system crashes in normal boot.

Post by AliIssa18 »

I'm an new Linux mint user, and i have a problem which is when I boot my device it normally opens but when i put my password and press enter it crashes but if i boot it in recovery mood it normally opens.
so please find me a way to solve this problem.
Thank you.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: The system crashes in normal boot.

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, please add your system information. When logged in you can get it by opening the System Reports program, clicking System Information on the left and then Copy on the bottom right. Paste the copied information here in a reply. That will help us get first ideas about a possible cause.

What does "when i put my password and press enter it crashes" -- how does it crash? Do you get some error on the screen or what happens exactly? It would be useful if you can share any error you get, a photo if too long to write down. You can upload images to https://imgbb.com/ and then share the link to the uploaded image here.

Also useful to see what is in the system log when the crash happens. For this, try these steps:
1. Boot normal, try to login and wait for the crash to happen -- note the time the crash happens
2. Then reboot the system and boot in recovery mode
3. Then open the Terminal and run this command:

Code: Select all

journalctl -b -p warning > warnings.txt
4. That creates a file warnings.txt in your home directory with all warnings and errors from the previous boot. Open the file in your text editor, copy its contents and share it here -- it's fine to remove any lines that aren't within a few minutes of the time you noted that the crash happened. Also let us know that time.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”