Lenovo trackpoint problem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marcinski

Lenovo trackpoint problem

Post by marcinski »

Hello everyone,

My first post on this friendly forum, I hope someone will be able to help me.

I have recently installed Mint 8 on my Lenovo R500. I have tried several distributions in the past and this is the first one that doesn't make me regret my decision got annoyed and switch back to Windows. Right know I dual boot with Win 7 but plan to switch to Mint full time when I find satisfactory photo editing app.

So, to the problem. I like using trackpoint for scrolling and managed to make it work using gpointing-device-settings but every time the computer goes to suspend I need to reset it again. I tried to follow the advice from ThinWiki page but no luck.

Can anyone help newbie?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Lenovo trackpoint problem

Post by remoulder »

marcinski wrote:managed to make it work using gpointing-device-settings but every time the computer goes to suspend I need to reset it
FWIW I have a similar problem where it doesn't remember the settings over a reboot. Haven't looked into yet so not sure if there's an answer.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Hardware Support”