[SOLVED] Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway modem/router

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Peter Linu »

Hiyall,
I have terrible internet at my place. A retailer suggested that I try the Nokia modem. It worked for a while but now it won't connect to 5G. The retailer is no support and every attempt at contacting Nokia support failed. I rang Finland but they couldn't/wouldn't give me a contact in Sydney, I left a letter at Nokia headquarters in North Sydney but so far, nothing. There are no phone numbers or email addresses on their website.

Anyone got ideas what I can do?

It's certainly the last Nokia product that I'll purchase!
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup
Cookiemonster888
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway modem/router

Post by Cookiemonster888 »

Greetings Peter,

I would be happy to help support you with your Nokia 5G gateway. I was shared your post by a friend, so just joined this forum. Feel free to get in touch.

thanks
Cookie
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Peter Linu »

Are you a Nokia employee?
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup
Cookiemonster888
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cookiemonster888 »

No sir. Just have a bit of experience with these devices.
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Peter Linu »

Cookie,
I think I have figured it out.
If you look at my signature, you will see that the first computer (M920) is a desktop. I have plugged the Nokia into its ethernet port. It now works correctly. All other computers are laptops that I use from time to time for specific purposes and are set up with wi-fi. They also seem to work correctly. The final problem is the Oracle virtualbox on each laptop.

The Host works correctly, the Guests SEEM to work correctly if I set the Network to 'Bridged' and 'wireless' however there is no formal notification.

Am I being pedantic or is this as good as it gets?
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Peter Linu »

It seems to me that a company as big as Nokia should have a technical support desk if they expect to sell their modems to consumers. My retailer didn't have a clue and sent his experienced 'tech support' buddy here who also didn't have a clue. Finally, it didn't take an expert to set it up correctly. A minimum of training for the retailer was necessary.
The most frustrating aspect was creating bad blood between the retailer and I and worse still, not being able to contact Nokia as there is no email or phone number on their website.
NEVER AGAIN, NOKIA!

Return to “Open Chat”