kdewallet password

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ForeverNoob
Level 1
Level 1

kdewallet password

Post by ForeverNoob »

Hi,

I'm using gmail-plasmoid, and each time I log on to KDE I have to retype kdeWalletManager password so that gmail-plasmoid could retrieve gmail password. Is there a way around this?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: kdewallet password

Post by JoeFootball »

Right-click on the KDE Wallet icon, and select "Configure Wallet...", and uncheck all three "Close..." options on the "Wallet Preferences" tab. This will leave the wallet open all the time so that you don't have to open it every time use Gmail, unless you restart your system.

Joe
ForeverNoob
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ForeverNoob »

JoeFootball wrote:Right-click on the KDE Wallet icon, and select "Configure Wallet...", and uncheck all three "Close..." options on the "Wallet Preferences" tab. This will leave the wallet open all the time so that you don't have to open it every time use Gmail, unless you restart your system.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks for answering. Is there a way to leave a wallet open at all times, even after a restart, or grant unlimited access to a wallet for a specific application? What I want is to not being asked for a password again by gmail-plasmoid.

TIA
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

ForeverNoob wrote:...leave a wallet open at all times, even after a restart, or grant unlimited access to a wallet for a specific application?
Sounds like what you want is to have KDE Wallet open automatically upon boot without prompting for the KDE Wallet password. While this doesn't mean there isn't a way to do so, I am unaware of how.

As far as I know, KDE Wallet requires a password to initially open, and if it's closed, no applications can access it. Hopefully someone else here has had other experience with this?

Joe
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Open System Settings, change to the Advanced tab, and double-click the KDE Wallet. In the new window, click the Launch Wallet Manager button down near the bottom right corner. Another new window, double-click the kdewallet icon, accept once or always, new window, go to File -> Change Password . . leave it BLANK, click Okay, choose YES when it tells you that the password is un-secure . . . you will never have the popup again ! :)
ForeverNoob
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Re: kdewallet password

Post by ForeverNoob »

richyrich wrote:Open System Settings, change to the Advanced tab, and double-click the KDE Wallet. In the new window, click the Launch Wallet Manager button down near the bottom right corner. Another new window, double-click the kdewallet icon, accept once or always, new window, go to File -> Change Password . . leave it BLANK, click Okay, choose YES when it tells you that the password is un-secure . . . you will never have the popup again ! :)
Great! it works.

Thanks a lot.

Return to “Software & Applications”