Add Gcolor3 to Mint Xfce (and maybe Cinnamon too)

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
michael-hi
Level 4
Level 4

Add Gcolor3 to Mint Xfce (and maybe Cinnamon too)

Post by michael-hi »

I would like to suggest that the very useful colour-picker program gcolor3 should be added as a pre-installed app in Mint 22. It's the type of small but easily-overlooked utility that should be there in a complete setup (like the Character Map for instance). It's good to be able to identify the hex code of colours just by clicking on the screen or to show a colour by typing in its code, and it's also able to save precise colours. I realise it can be added by the user, but new users might not know about the program or even what to search for if they want something like this.

I know it was missing from the repositories for a long time but it does now appear to be back in the Debian and Ubuntu repositories. It's a tiny download so would hardly bloat the ISO, plus the MATE version has the same type of colour picker already installed, so I think it could be justified on the grounds of keeping the different versions similar as regards installed software.
gcolor3.png

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”