Screen\text bluring in Linux Mint

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oneofthehorses
Level 1
Level 1

Screen\text bluring in Linux Mint

Post by oneofthehorses »

Hello everyone!

May i ask if someone knows open-source software OR addon for CInnamon exists that can blur: headers of windows\text\pictures inside any current open running program?

For example i open Matrix client in caffe, but people around seeing text and pictures....

Wish i can blure it untill i not point my mouse to some square (for example 5x10 cantimeters) or last message\last text lines in line?

Closest what i found by code is -> https://github.com/LukasLen/Privacy-Ext ... atsApp-Web

Thanksss! :D
igmint
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Screen\text bluring in Linux Mint

Post by igmint »

I open a transparent png image on top of the window in nomacs and scale, move .
sudo apt install nomacs.jpg
translated by googlemachine. UTC+3:00
KMD2023
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Screen\text bluring in Linux Mint

Post by KMD2023 »

Another option and one that I use for work travel, is a 'Laptop Privacy Screen Filter'. These are thin screen filters that angle the light coming from the screen such that you have to be directly in line with the screen to see anything. If someone else is even slightly to the side, it appears black.

They are not expensive and can be easily found on Amazon. Some have adhesive, but you can always just prop it against the screen when you are at the Cafe etc.
KMD2023
NW USA
Linux Hobbyist - Made the full switch Mar 2023
- "Backups are your friend, and Timeshift is a friend with benefits!"

Return to “Non-technical Questions”