Helena KDE 64 bit: force quit?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lauren

Helena KDE 64 bit: force quit?

Post by lauren »

Hi!
I´m really surprised: Helena KDE 64 bit could grow to my favorite distribution! Easy installing BTmouse and connection to the internet with Huawei E220, no problems with CD, DVD, headphones,...
I´m only missing "force quit" and a tool like netspeed or netstatus (not nettool) - well known in Gnome. Any help?
lauren
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
markcynt

Re: Helena KDE 64 bit: force quit?

Post by markcynt »

For "Force quit" just use xkill in the terminal - very easy.
fubaseca

Post by fubaseca »

An easy way to do it is ctrl+alt+esc, then the mouse cursor turns into a skull, then click into the window of the program you want killed. I've been doing that in kde 4.4, don't know if it was there before and maybe there are limitations I don't know of. Haven't used it that much, but seems to work well.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

fubaseca wrote:An easy way to do it is ctrl+alt+esc, then the mouse cursor turns into a skull, then click into the window of the program you want killed. I've been doing that in kde 4.4, don't know if it was there before and maybe there are limitations I don't know of. Haven't used it that much, but seems to work well.
Ha! I didn't know about that either. Good tip!

Joe

Return to “Software & Applications”