(Solved) Documents that end with ".odt".

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BoDill
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Documents that end with ".odt".

Post by BoDill »

billyswong,

My two laptops were loaded by myself. Sadly, I have never had a good memory, and at 77 years old (78 in June), it barely exists, so I don't remember how I did it! The only thing that I can confirm is that I made the choice because of something that "Windows" did that I didn't like.

In case your next question is to ask if I have both systems (Linux and Windows) on any of my computers, the answer is NO. Over the years, people like yourself have been helping me cope with computer problems in a way that I wouldn't expect from Windows.

Again, I am out the door in a few minutes, so I probably won't get back to this today, but I want to repeat that I have not ignored your instructions in your previous post (Mar 25, 3:37), and I will do my best to straighten all this out.

If I manage to get this taken care of, one way or another, I will report back.

BoDill
Desktop: OptiPlex-790 ; Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia Mate (Renew 2027)
Laptop: Dell Latitude E6420; Linux Mint 20.3 Una Mate (Renew April 2025)
Laptop 2: HP ProBook 440 G3, Linux Mint 20.3 Una Mate (Renew April 2025)
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Documents that end with ".odt".

Post by Schultz »

Can you just go back to the same computer shop and tell them to this time install Mint with the Mate desktop?

Untitled.jpg
BoDill
Level 5
Level 5

(Solved)Re: Documents that end with ".odt".

Post by BoDill »

To Schultz and all,

After three days of getting nowhere, and this is my fault, not yours, I took my computer back to the shop and had the new 2.0 Tb drive loaded with a new copy of Linux Mint Mate, and nothing else. Since I first started using Linux (and I don't remember exactly how that started), I have been using a "Mate" edition.

So......I have marked this as "Solved", as I don't want to simply abandon it just because I don't need it anymore.

Thank you ALL for your help, and for your patience.

BoDill
Desktop: OptiPlex-790 ; Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia Mate (Renew 2027)
Laptop: Dell Latitude E6420; Linux Mint 20.3 Una Mate (Renew April 2025)
Laptop 2: HP ProBook 440 G3, Linux Mint 20.3 Una Mate (Renew April 2025)

Return to “Beginner Questions”