VPN Recommendation and Privacy Settings

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NewBoyHere
Level 1
Level 1

VPN Recommendation and Privacy Settings

Post by NewBoyHere »

Hey folks,

privacy is a big thing nowadays, I am trying to find a good VPN Provider to go with my linuxmint, but I am not sure which one is trustworthy, do you have any recommendations? I was looking into MullvadVPN or ProtonVPN. I would go with ProtonVPN, but everytime I think about them I don't feel like they are trustworthy. Do you any thoughts?

Another thing is, do you have any network settings to put up your privacy on the higher level in mint?
Sombody told me to put those into DROP, is it usefull and safe?
Sombody told me to put those into DROP, is it usefull and safe?
danielMinty
Level 1
Level 1

Re: VPN Recommendation and Privacy Settings

Post by danielMinty »

Hi,
After a lot of research I went with PIA, Private Internet Access, US based I think. They have a zero logs policy, have been tested and not had logs to provide. They're well priced and not expensive. I've used them for over 5 years now and been quite happy with the speed of their servers and the large number of locations. They allow 5 consecutive logins which is great. Allows me to share the account with my family.

Just my 5 cents...

Return to “Networking”