Cannot turn off "Connection Established/Deativated" and other system notifications

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HariSeldon
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot turn off "Connection Established/Deativated" and other system notifications

Post by HariSeldon »

Hi there, just installed LMDE 6 Cinnamon to my system. As the title says, I cannot turn off any of these persistent notifications that I do not care about. Every time I boot or awake my computer from sleep, I am greeted with these notifications. Namely, the "network connection established/deactivated" and Bluetooth disconnected/reconnected notifications. I have turned on "ignore transient notifications" in the settings, but to no avail, and have hit the "Do not remind me again" option with each notification popup, but the notifications return again. Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated with this! Thanks.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Cannot turn off "Connection Established/Deativated" and other system notifications

Post by MiZoG »

You are not alone.
You may want to chip in that open issue discussion.

The workaround suggested by ParticleMon apparently works:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.gnome.nm-applet disable-connected-notifications true
gsettings set org.gnome.nm-applet disable-disconnected-notifications true
HariSeldon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cannot turn off "Connection Established/Deativated" and other system notifications

Post by HariSeldon »

Thanks a lot, this works. Hopefully this gets patched soon.
HariSeldon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HariSeldon »

Is there a workaround for Bluetooth connected/disconnected notifications too?

Return to “Beginner Questions”