looktotheright logo linking to cheap commercial website with a different domain name

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jepe
Level 1
Level 1

looktotheright logo linking to cheap commercial website with a different domain name

Post by jepe »

hi,

I looked at the sponsor logos at the site footer...
and clicked on "looktotheright", cause it appeared strange to me....
then you know where I landed:
c0mplex1.com

I mean, in the name of transparency, the link should be the same as the logo.. right?
like looktotheright.com || or the logo should be c0mplex1.com

Also, that website looks pretty cheap -- I don't mean the prices..
very bad image

I'm shocked. A dumb "grow your business" kind of ad at linuxmint??
what the hack?

Peter
Attachments
Screenshot from 2024-03-29 06-48-35.png
Screenshot from 2024-03-29 06-42-08.png
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: looktotheright logo linking to cheap commercial website with a different domain name

Post by mikeflan »

We are grateful for their support.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: looktotheright logo linking to cheap commercial website with a different domain name

Post by xenopeek »

They're a bronze sponsor. They help make Linux Mint possible. Look to the Right changed their name to C0MPLÉX1; https://www.c0mplex1.com/blog/look-to-t ... -c0mplex1/
C0MPLÉX1
Level 1
Level 1

Post by C0MPLÉX1 »

jepe, this is one of the reasons we love the Linux and Linux Mint projects. A community who cares and invests time to authenticate and maintain quality.
We did eMail the contact we had on file November 21st 2023 at 3:03pm ET but never got a response. The online form for Sponsors allowed us to update some aspects of sponsorship but not all resulting in the branding mismatch.

We will be sure to pass along your design critiques to our designer.

If you have a business or project you would like more traffic on please reach out to us for Digital Marketing services!

mikeflan, appreciate the kind words. We are happy to support!

xenopeek, thank you, we are glad to contribute in the ways we can!
C0MPLÉX1 is a proud Linux Mint Sponsor.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

C0MPLÉX1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:51 pmWe did eMail the contact we had on file November 21st 2023 at 3:03pm ET but never got a response. The online form for Sponsors allowed us to update some aspects of sponsorship but not all resulting in the branding mismatch.
Hi, apologies you didn't get a reply on the email before today. We've updated the logo on your sponsorship to your new logo:

Thank you again for helping make Linux Mint possible!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”