Keyboard Problem - Switching profiles

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Legion99
Level 1
Level 1

Keyboard Problem - Switching profiles

Post by Legion99 »

I have an HP Probook 455 G9. Newly set up with Trixie and Cinnamon 5.8.4 on a clean install having removed W11 on purchase. It works well except for one annoying issue.
I have two keyboard layout profiles installed. English (US) and English (Australia). Basically the same profile. At least once a day, without any changes by me, not on boot or reboot, for no discernible reason I can fathom the keyboard layout switches to English (UK) or a variation of that. At that time if I go to the layout and check, either of the installed ones shows the English (UK) layout instead of what they should be. I do not have English (UK) actually installed, that I know of, the actual keyboard layout is, as purchased in Oz, US. I have tried deleting one or the other of my layouts but for no change. With either US or Oz installed alone the problem reoccurs. Swapping profiles, which is why I have two the same, fixes the issue until it decides to automagically revert, again. Any ideas gratefully accepted.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Keyboard Problem - Switching profiles

Post by mikeflan »

This particular problem doesn't happen a whole lot, so I don't know how best to fix it. I suggest you create another user and see if the problem happens there.

If Trixie is Debian 13, that is not even released yet.
Legion99
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Keyboard Problem - Switching profiles

Post by Legion99 »

Trixie is 'testing' future 13.

Return to “Cinnamon”