sound juicer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

sound juicer

Post by OU812 »

Hello. I installed gnormalize because it sounded like a very good app. It works well; the problem I have is that it doesn't seem to create artist and album subdirectories. Otherwise, I really like it. So anyway I decided to test the quality of a gnormalize rip vs. the quality of a sound juicer rip. They both sounded fine in amarok, but I noticed that the song lengths were way too big for the sound juicer files. This is not a big deal, but still a bit annoying. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks.

john
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

Post by OU812 »

Thanks. I have used that in the past, but remember a splash from another distro claiming the version they used was beta or experimental. grip worked well, even ripped bruce springsteen's devils and dust whereas in windows there were definite sound quality issues. The only problem is that I would need separate programs for tag editing and converting formats then again, I don't use these features very often anyway). The normalizing thing probably isn't a real issue with modern cds - most probably don't need normalizing. Anyway, you're right, grip is probably a better choice than sound juicer. Thanks.

john

Return to “Sound”