Burned DVD's won't play

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scrubby21

Burned DVD's won't play

Post by scrubby21 »

So commercial DVD's play fine. If i copy an image to my computer it also plays. But burned DVD's don't work. The error message reads: no URI handler implemented for "x-nautilus-desktop" when i play through movieplayer. When i play through VLC it says VLC is unable to open the MRL 'x-nautilus-desktop:///THE_MATRIX_16X9LB_N_AMERICA.volume'. The computer sees that it's there but nothing appears in the VIDEO_TS or the AUDIO_TS folders. for some reason if i look at the root file the computer will show the VIDEO_TS files and play them but it makes a horrible sound when i do this. Also, i don't know if this has anything to do with the problem but apparantly my hard drive disk has a bad sector called Current Pending Sector Count. Anyways, i don't know much about computers so if anyone knows how to help me please make it very concise and easy to follow.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Burned DVD's won't play

Post by Midnighter »

Burned dvds don't work? How did you burn them? What with?
scrubby21

Post by scrubby21 »

well, with 2 different programs. on the mac i used toast titanium, and on linux i used brasero. i have used several different brands of DVD's so i know that that has nothing to do with it.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

How were the video dvds put together? Were they copies of other dvds, or video files you made into dvds? For turning videos into DSVD's, I usually recommend Devede, it does all the work of making the dvd image, or files, and the result can be burnt. If you're trying to copy, perhaps the copy-protecition stuff ids screwing up the copy. I've no idea regarding the mac, never used one, but have had no issues with linux in making them, or copying them. If you could provide more detail on what you're actualy doing, i may be able to narow it down more. Cheers. :)
scrubby21

Post by scrubby21 »

they are copies of commercial movies. in brasero i would make an image and then burn it to the dvd. when i had windows they worked fine and they play fine via my playstation 3 but for some reason the VIDEO_TS folder is empty when i try playing them through Linux. i was wondering if there was something i could download to fix the possible copy-right issues or whatever is causing the problem with nautilus not finding the files. again, when i look at the root folder the files do show up and will play but the computer makes horrible noises so that can't be a good thing.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Post by grimdestripador »

I believe you have copied a CSS dvd. You need to de scramble the dvd video/audio in addition to just making a disk image. Most DVD ripper apps do this all for you.

Return to “Sound”