Midori Web Browser

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

Re: Midori Web Browser

Post by vrkalak »

I have been using Midori browser quite a bit, lately.

As an Xfce user ... Midori comes as the default browser.

I have also added the Midori ppa reprositories from Launchpad.net to my /sources.list
So the updates/upgrades come automatically.

Midori is a nice light-weight browser ... and with a light-weight desktop like Xfce, together they are ... very fast, as well.
capt

Post by capt »

I tried Midori last year when using LXDE and also liked it. It was simple and clean looking and faster. My only problem was it did not remember pass words for websites and this caused me to go back to Firefox. Any chance this has changed with the updated version? :?:
nitehawk

Post by nitehawk »

My only problem was it did not remember pass words for websites
...that's pretty much my only problem with Midori. Well,...I'd like a little decent Java for some websites. Other than that,...Midori is pretty good for just basic, fast surfing.
eeezzzeee

Post by eeezzzeee »

I just tried this little browser last night, im prettty impressed with it, it ran real fast and i had no crashes
i know that the maintainer of the flubox edition was thinking about including it in future releases, i wouldn't mind that at all
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

capt wrote:Any chance this has changed with the updated version? :?:
Support for remembering passwords is getting better, but still isn't supported anywhere near as well as it is in most other browsers.
gadi
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gadi »

Midori has no password manager officially, but it is a script to do this function.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62098

The instructions to use it are in the script page.

I use it and it works well. A official one would be better, but it works.
Pulpino

Post by Pulpino »

gadi: Thx a lot.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I have been using the new #!-X Crunchbang-10 "Statler" lately.

This new Crunchbang-10 is based on Debian Squeeze and not Ubuntu, as it had previously.
As Debian, of course, doesn't have Firefox as it's default browser but rather has it's own web browser: IceWeasel.
I like IceWeasel-3.5.9, well enough, after all it's nothing more than Firefox-3.6 without the 'branding'

Anyway, I have been using Midori a lot more than I had in the past. With Debians 'testing' repositories, Midori, is upgraded to the newest version, pretty much automatically.
I have not had any problems with the NEW Midori not remembering my 'passwords'. Also, seems more customizable than in previous versions.
And, I have, not had any of the "random" crashing, that I had in the past.

With Crunchbang's version of Openbox WM and NO desktop environment ... the Midori browser is ... 'stupid' fast.
rogue_ronin

Post by rogue_ronin »

I like midori, but whenever I drag an image, I get a locked-up copy cursor.

I constantly have to switch to terminal mode to kill it.

Anyone else seeing this?

m a r
gychang

Post by gychang »

Kendall wrote:Just curious as to whether anyone here has messed with Midori to any significant extent?

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I tried 0.2.2 version of Midori and it is impressively fast... I usually use chrome, FF is too big and slower IMHO. I am unsure whether Midori is faster than Chrome, I use it mainly with youtube and general web surfing.

Please have Midori as one of the default browser.

gychang
Monarch

Post by Monarch »

Hey after reading this thread i decided to test Midori
found that is realy similar to Epiphany and as fast as Epi
but i have found the same problems Epiphany as
The problem is not on the flash suport since it works the problem is wen you try to see
a full flash website sound works rendering might be problematic
just test it out
in this page you can actualy get the flash to execute just by scrooling down
test it out :
http://www.2advanced.com
But the same problem gets even more painfull wend some full flash site as no scrollers
like my page
test it out: i still cant render my page on epiphany and on Midori :S
http://www.majestic-13.webuda.com

Return to “Software & Applications”