a small tip about fonts in browser

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
manny

a small tip about fonts in browser

Post by manny »

Are you annoyed on how Firefox/Konqueror renders fonts and the size of the fonts in the menu/panel? Firefox in KDE 8 which is far better than other distros still not as sharp as in Helena 8 main edition, which is superb. Well, if you are annoyet with the fonts in Firefox/Konqueror download Opera 10.10 from the repositories. I was surprise how the latest version of Opera is much improved from previous editions, buggy, slow, flash problems...Opera 10.10 is rendering fonts beautifully as good as FF in main edition. Fonts can easily be adjusted to the size of your taste on both rendering and menu/panel. Opera 10.10 has really made using KDE 8 a much better experience. Now KDE 8 really rocks for me!.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Re: a small tip about fonts in browser

Post by rfruth »

Google Chrome FTW !
manny

Post by manny »

rfruth. You are right, Chrome's fonts are awsome. Once the stable release is available FF will have to improve alot if they want to keep conpetitive.
netbookjohn

Post by netbookjohn »

manny wrote: I was surprise how the latest version of Opera is much improved from previous editions, buggy, slow, flash problems...Opera 10.10 is rendering fonts beautifully as good as FF in main edition. Fonts can easily be adjusted to the size of your taste on both rendering and menu/panel. Opera 10.10 has really made using KDE 8 a much better experience. Now KDE 8 really rocks for me!.
Just to agree that Opera 10.10 is incredible. Great rendering and it's much quicker then both firefox and Chrome.
A great improvement over my last experience of Opera.

It's great on my Acer Aspire One.

Cheers
John M

Return to “Software & Applications”