Starting K3b freezes the system...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
orange2k
Level 1
Level 1

Starting K3b freezes the system...

Post by orange2k »

I run Linux Mint 3.0 Cassandra, and I installed K3b from the Linux Mint software download page, but each time I start K3b, some time after the splash shows up, the system freezes and I have to reset the computer. Is it a known problem and is there anything I can do? I like K3b and I never had a problem with it in Ubuntu 7.04...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I would use synaptic to uninstall K3B and then install it using synaptic or use the reinstall option in synaptic.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

orange2k,

I would do as Boo suggests. I did the install directly using Synaptic. K3B has got to be the greatest burner out there! And, I've used them all. It appears they've just done some major work with K3B.

Adler
svgt
Level 2
Level 2

Post by svgt »

Hi,

I have the same problem with all burning programs. When they just should start the burning of a CD-R, the whole system freezes. I must restart the system.

All programs are behaving the same way: K3B Brasero Gnomebaker Graveman

It is not a hardware problem, because unter ancient W98SE with Nero all is running well.

regards Svgt
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
but each time I start K3b, some time after the splash shows up, the system freezes
There is a problem with splash screen. Try going to Settings/Configure K3b/Misc/Untick "show splash screen"

That might? help

It would be a good idea to delete the .K3b file if you re-install, not sure where/if it is in Gnome as I run KDE

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/110484

""I installed AcetoneISO, after reading a review in Linux Format 92. One of AcetoneISO's options is "Burn CD/DVD", clicking on this launched k3b, but without displaying the splash screen and straight into the regular k3b window.""....

Nick

Return to “Other topics”