Linux User Magazine

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Linux User Magazine

Post by antiquexray »

Today, after dropping my boys off at the mall so they could see the movie "Transformer" (I have no idea why someone would want to see that movie), I stopped by the bookstore. I usually look at sci-fi books and airplane and computer magazines. The computer section was my first stop, and what did I see (???) a LinuxUser magazine with a Linux Mint CD featuring Carlos' artwork (please don't tell me she's not naked, you'll shatter my fantasy) pasted on the front; I never made it to airplanes or sci-fi. Even though it was Bianca, I bought it. This is so cool.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Now that is sooo cool. Take a picture and post it when u get a chance. Who knew Bianca was so well traveled...
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Here's the website http://www.linuxuser.co.uk

You can go there and see cover, but the artwork is on the disk holder.

The cover does say "LinuxMint A fresh new twist on Ubuntu"

The article is near the back, but it's three full pages with screen shots. I haven't even read it yet.

I'll see if I can scan them.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

If it's the magazine I'm thinking off they've made some modifications on your Zen sat woman Carlos and they're distributing Linux Mint 2.2 Bianca Light Edition.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Oh yes, it is. They also have 4 or 5 pages on Bianca inside the magazine (with clothes on !) :)

Clem
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

That is some serious advertising there. :D I'm going to have to stop by the local magazine store here in NYC and see if they have a copy. Congrats Clem! And good looking out Xray.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Well picked it up at a local smoke shop here and took pictures with my crappy camera that I keep for "just in case moments". So sorry about them being blurry, its a fixed lense.

Cover and DVD case

Article Pages

As always Mint Bianca got a favorable review. :D
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

damn, this shiznit is really takin off!, when i first came over from ubuntu ill be honest that i was expecting it to wither and die within a couple of months, but its gettin bigger and bigger! :)
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

hairy_Palms wrote:damn, this shiznit is really takin off!, when i first came over from ubuntu ill be honest that i was expecting it to wither and die within a couple of months, but its gettin bigger and bigger! :)
My story is that I've messed with Linux off and on for about 3 years, but no distro really appealed to me (although Ubuntu was close). I stumbled onto Mint by accident and was the 57th person to join the community.

Mint restimulated my interest in Linux and I tried a number of other distros after discovering Mint, but kept coming back. I even ran Ubuntu and Linux side-by-side for awhile, but same story...back to Mint.

There are probably many advantages to run different distros, but you know what, I don't care; Mint works for me! Clem has done a wonderful job listening to his customers and giving them what they want. All indications is he's going to keep doing the same thing, and as long as he does, I'll be here.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

BTW, are you sure she's not naked??? :D
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

I'll never say. Well that's one thing about the ladies of Mint, they are mysterious...
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

carlos wrote:I'll never say. Well that's one thing about the ladies of Mint, they are mysterious...
OH MAN (said a wide-eyed insomniac, alone in the dark, with a vision of Botticelli's Birth of Venus firmly locked in his mind)!!!

Return to “Open Chat”