Has anyone installed Firefox 3.6 on Helena KDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
schrodinger's cat

Has anyone installed Firefox 3.6 on Helena KDE?

Post by schrodinger's cat »

Either by using Ubuntuzilla or any other way? I've read of some people who have installed Firefox 3.6 on Karmic and then had to roll back to 3.5.8 due to some problems, and I was wondering if anyone here has had any such issues.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Has anyone installed Firefox 3.6 on Helena KDE?

Post by exploder »

Since no one has answered this I guess I will. I tried Firefox 3.6 using Ubuntuzilla but reverted to 3.5.8 because full screen flash would not work right for me. I think java has to be set up different in 3.6 too but I did not really mess with it very much.
feed3
Level 4
Level 4

Post by feed3 »

I'm using FF 3.6 on Helena KDE 64, doesn't have fast internet connection so seldom streaming a video and can't comment on the flash video but the java plugin do give me some "hair-pulling" though. I can't find it from Tools->add-ons, had create a sym link to FF plugins folder and so on. But, until now, no problems in loading and visiting any sites,not even when visiting a site containing a java applets and everything is just working for the moment so i just let it be. Might reverting to 3.5.8 if somehow any problems arise.
schrodinger's cat

Post by schrodinger's cat »

Thanks, exploder and feed3. Apparently, out of the 93 (so far) people who have viewed this topic, you two are the only ones who have tried this.

Personas don't interest me, and other than that there's not a lot in FF3.6 that I can't do with FF3.5.8, so I think I will hold off for now.
mf-linux

Post by mf-linux »

I've also installed Firefox 3.6 on Helena KDE using ubuntuzilla and I have no problems with flash or other streaming video format. Perhaps you do not have all plugins needed for that, here is my list (many of them are gecko plugins):
- mplayerplug-in 3.55
- DivX Browser Plug-In
- QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5
- RealPlayer 9
- Windows Media Player Plug-in
- mplayerplug-in is now gecko-mediaplayer 0.9.8
- Shockwave Flash

If this does not help, you could tell me what web page/s you're unable to play streaming video, to see what happens with my browser configuration.

Regards.
Last edited by mf-linux on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

schrodinger's cat wrote:Either by using Ubuntuzilla or any other way? I've read of some people who have installed Firefox 3.6 on Karmic and then had to roll back to 3.5.8 due to some problems, and I was wondering if anyone here has had any such issues.
Installed 3.6 via the mozillateam/firefox-stable ppa. No particular issues.

Return to “Software & Applications”