New Ubuntu artwork

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndyP79

New Ubuntu artwork

Post by AndyP79 »

I jus say over on another site, that Ubuntu just announced a whole redesign of the branding and artwork. Quite a bit of changes. It got me thinking....are we here at Mint going going to get anything spanking brand new for the upcoming LTS? I myself would like to see something like Elementary artwork with a Minty Green Twist to it. Elementary icons in green, the Elementary Nautilus is spanking cool. I have dubbed my Laptop EleMintary. Function and usability of Mint, and the clean looks of Elementary.
I can't program or any of those things that make all this go round, so first a Thank You to all of you who make our Mint world go round. That being said, I have a bit of organization and supervision type of experience, along with having to see things from both sides of the table to make multiple people happy(I was a chef on a ship, with lots of whiney, hungry, demanding seaman, 180 of them!). I would love to be able to help with maybe an end user perspective of looks and appeal to a general public. I don't use my computer for work or make any money on it. I just play my music, check my email, surf Internet, and constantly play with my themes. I have passed of about 5 or 6 CDs out in the last couple of months at my college who saw my set up. They are trying to grasp how to make theirs look like mine. Their learning.
So what about it, how about something new and fresh for Mint 9, EleMintary?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Superewza

Re: New Ubuntu artwork

Post by Superewza »

Well we're going to have to do as they are doing - a complete refresh. But i don't think the website could be much better designed than it already is. The forums are fine, maybe change a few colours. Shiki is getting a bit old now though...
AndyP79

Re: New Ubuntu artwork

Post by AndyP79 »

Agreed on the web based stuff. I am not even sure if the logo or distro art needs it so much, as the theme. I am hell bent on seeing it with Elementary in Mint colours. I guess Mint logo and art in Elementary style/colour would be cool, do a grey scale Mint logo?

Return to “Your Artwork”