Greenifying Mint KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
valmar

Greenifying Mint KDE

Post by valmar »

Dear All,

hello to everyone. My name is Valerio from Switzerland. I am a dedicated distrohopper and this time I stumbled onto Mint. I installed it on my mother's computer and was impressed, as my mother could use it for days without any problem. That was quite an achievement as my mother is completely computer-illiterate. So, I decided to switch my machine to Mint too. I am a KDE fan, however, so I went with Mint KDE.

I like it a lot, but I want to greenify it! So, I wanted to see if someone went through it before and how they did it.

I like the blue theme, but I think it clashes a little bit with the green logos that appear almost everywhere even in the KDE version of Mint (for example in Mint Welcome or in the Bookmark Toolbar in Firefox).

The wallpaper was the easy part. I quickly found here a green version of the airmint wallpaper.

The Kickoff menu button icon is harder. I would like to find a green version of the KDE Mint logo (i. e. the one with the gears sticking out from behind the logo), but for now I just found the simple Mint logo that I use as an icon.

Then comes the KDE style. I think OpenSuse shows that the default bluish color of the KDE UI does not clash with the green colour. They have a green background, and blue UI. The only difference is that they use a cold version of the Oxygen color set (I think). This is also available in Mint with KDE 4.4 from the Kubuntu PPA. However, I am worried about the GTK theme. The default one in Mint KDE Helena matches exactly the blue level of the original KDE UI. Does anyone know how to change the color of some elements of the QtCurve theme used for GTK applications (for example, the blue selection color?)

As for the bootsplash, I installed the package with the normal Mint bootsplash (as opposed to the KDE one) and I used that.

I am wondering, has anyone gone through the same "green" phase?

As soon as I finish I will post some screenshots

Valerio
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
travelinrob

Re: Greenifying Mint KDE

Post by travelinrob »

I would like to have a green, minty KDE version, as well. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Return to “Software & Applications”