Linux Mint 8 "Helena" KDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
langi

Re: Linux Mint 8 "Helena" KDE released!

Post by langi »

Brilliant and awesome!

Have installed on Asus EeePc901Go and on 2 desktop computers (AMD II XII, Geforce 6200 // Sempron 1,6 GhZ ATI Radeon Hd 2400) and I'm impressed by the release quality. Congratulations for the really smart choice of software (preferance of Gtk-software, when appropriate: i.e. Gnome network applet instead of buggy knetworkmanager, Firefox, Thunderbird, minitube .... wich I - as a long term linux user - have not even known).

This is - by far - the best KDE distro I have seen by now (compared to Gentoo, Sidux, OpenSuse and (K)ubuntu).

The only problem I had during installation was with ATI Radeon HD 2400 (black screen, manual editing of xorg.conf and turning off power management was nececary during installation). Maybe a text based installation method (like the alternate editions of (K)ubuntu) would be a good choice).

Keep up the good work and think about turning the Comunity edition into a officially supported distribution.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”