Installed Cassandra, no sound.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fixrman
Level 3
Level 3

Installed Cassandra, no sound.

Post by fixrman »

I installed Cassandra a while ago, after deleting Bianca, Sound worked fine in Bianca, but I guess Cassie is not saying anything. Jealousy.

This is a dual boot setup with W2K, and sound is fine in 2K.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
uggbootcity
Level 1
Level 1

Post by uggbootcity »

What sound hardware have you got?

On my laptop, found that I needed to change the sound control from "front" to "surround" on my alsa mixer for me to hear sound....
fixrman
Level 3
Level 3

Post by fixrman »

Ahh, I figured it might be sumfink like that. I'll try it. I have a SB Audigy.
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Installed Cassandra, no sound

Post by bobpur »

fixrman wrote:Ahh, I figured it might be sumfink like that. I'll try it. I have a SB Audigy.
I had the same problem on a new build. My sound card is an X-Fi Xtreme Audio which, sometimes, shows up as an Audigy card. This depends on the distro.
As far as I know, there are no open source drivers for the X-Fi cards (yet).
If you have a mobo with onboard sound, switch your plug to it. Most onboard sound works in linux.

Return to “Beginner Questions”