Why I can not copy VCD file to my harddisk?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rudysuryanto

Why I can not copy VCD file to my harddisk?

Post by rudysuryanto »

Why I can not copy VCD file to my harddisk? I can not copy VCD disk from folder mpegav that contain file .dat. Why I can not copy the file?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
feed3
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Why I can not copy VCD file to my harddisk?

Post by feed3 »

Bung, nggak jelas info nya kok..
Where do you want to copy it? Do you have permission over the folder? have tried using the command in terminal to copy it? You are using dolphin?Thunar? i mean, what is the file manager you are using? Have you tried to copy it to the other folder? Have you tried using root account to copy it (just to check where is the problems come from).. maybe your vcd is damaged? Can you played the video from the vcd?
rudysuryanto

Post by rudysuryanto »

VCD can play in VCD player, but can not play in Linux. File manager i used it is come from instalatio Linux mint 8
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

I have the exact same problem anyone found a solution?
CQ1ST

Post by CQ1ST »

Hi, there's a few ways to do this:
:D
>K3B supports this
>Mplayer can play and rip these (great for me I'm on LM9 LXDE with that installed by default, I hope you do too)

Code: Select all

mencoder vcd://2 -o file.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000
(Assuming the movie is the second title on VCD, this will create the file file.avi, which will be mpeg4 (divx) encoded movie with maximum average bitrate of 2000 Kb/s)
>VCDimager (find it in synaptic?) has a vcd ripper called vcdxrip
put the vcd in your optic driver
open the command line and from your home directory run:

Code: Select all

$ vcdxrip --nofiles
it copies the vcd's AVSEQ0x.DAT to your home as AVSEQ0x.MPG
:D
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Will try when I get a VCD.
Thanks
abeyclinton

Post by abeyclinton »

Well I am not sure but If your intention is to transcode the vcd to an avi or any other format, I used k9copy to rip my vcds to hard disk. I get the impression you just want to have the .dat file and be able to use a video app to watch it directly from your drive.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Yes.

Return to “Hardware Support”