Just wondering...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nexus

Just wondering...

Post by Nexus »

I talk to a lot of people and try to convince them to give Linux a try especially if all they use their PC for is E-mail and web browsing. Because of this I find it useful to set aside small partitions (8-10 GB) for installing then removing various Distributions simply for trial. Myself I keep Mint 8 64-bit and right now I'm really liking Mint 8 KDE CE 64-bit and plan to keep it as well. When I installed Mint 8 KDE CE I noticed GRUB didn't pick up and automatically configure for other operating systems. I personally now Triple Boot, (Mint 8, Mint 8 KDE CE, Vista Ultimate) and was wondering if this was a odd occurrence. Re-installing GRUB fixed it, so it wasn't a real bother but for trying to get someone to experiment with Mint that might be an issue when they put it on a small partition then can't boot back to their primary OS. It would send out the wrong message if you know what I mean.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Just wondering...

Post by Boo »

I have had no problems with grub and multi boot.
I multi boot 6+ OS (including vista) on my main system and 4+ on my laptop.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Nexus

Re: Just wondering...

Post by Nexus »

So it was probably just a me thing when it happened. All right thanks was just checking to be sure. Rather act on the side of caution myself.

Return to “Software & Applications”