CPU Temprature applet for Xfce?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

CPU Temprature applet for Xfce?

Post by wyldekey »

I have Mint 8 universal on my Dell Latitude D610 laptop right now. I love it, but it performs a little sluggishly. (Only have 497.2 Mb RAM) I just tried out Mint 8 Xfce from a usb drive and it runs great. I'm thinking of installing it, but have a question.
Is there an applet for the panel to display cpu temperature like in Gnome? I've already discovered that Dropbox will work on Xfce, which was my other concern.

Or... if I added more RAM (2 Gb?) would that negate the slow response when opening menus, launching apps, etc? Maybe I don't need to install Mint Xfce?
Advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
We're inevitably imprisoned by what we believe.
Aging Technogeek

Re: CPU Temprature applet for Xfce?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Upgrading to 2 gig of ram will definitely improve performance. Even going to 1 gig will give you a noticeable speed boost.

Adding ram is the quickest and one of the most effective hardware upgrades you can do without changing the CPU.
Robin

Post by Robin »

There are two CPU usage applets that can be installed on a panel. I didn't find one for monitoring the temperature of the CPU, but there are two different ones to display the load and stuff.

Robin
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wyldekey »

Aging Technogeek wrote:Upgrading to 2 gig of ram will definitely improve performance. Even going to 1 gig will give you a noticeable speed boost.

Adding ram is the quickest and one of the most effective hardware upgrades you can do without changing the CPU.
I just ordered an extra gb of memory. We'll see how that works.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wyldekey »

Robin wrote:There are two CPU usage applets that can be installed on a panel. I didn't find one for monitoring the temperature of the CPU, but there are two different ones to display the load and stuff.

Robin
Yes, I noticed that. The applet in Mint Gnome is called Hardware Sensors Monitor. I don't see anything like that in Xfce. Thanks for the replies.
trxgt05

Post by trxgt05 »

As far as seeing cpu temp, another option would be to use conky. It wouldn't be on the panel but it would be on the desktop as well as just about any other info you set it up to show.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wyldekey »

Yeah, I didn't think about conky. That would be a good alternative.

Return to “Xfce”