Software update notification

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rayburn
Level 1
Level 1

Software update notification

Post by rayburn »

Hi, is it possible ( I'm sure it must be!), to disable the little notification window that pops up on boot up. I ask this because I have updated my software, on a new Cassandra install, and some of the language updates I don't want, so I unchecked them in the update manager, but I still get this annoying pop up every time I boot up.

Many thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint rayburn
Hopefully it is not possible to disable the update notifier because then you wold not get updates.
Go to synaptics and remove the language packs you don't want (takes a while - I've done it :)) and your problem is solved
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Software update notification

Post by antiquexray »

rayburn wrote:Hi, is it possible ( I'm sure it must be!), to disable the little notification window that pops up on boot up...
Don't know if this is what you want, but check it out.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=40390

Be sure to scroll down. The answers near the bottom :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Be warned!
If you remove it you will not be told about updates and have to check regularly.
Seems I was wrong and it is possible to remove it - again, not recommended - I'd go for an uninstall of the language packs - solved it for me.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Husse wrote:Be warned!
If you remove it you will not be told about updates and have to check regularly.
Seems I was wrong and it is possible to remove it - again, not recommended - I'd go for an uninstall of the language packs - solved it for me.
I agree with Husse, that's what I did. Actually, I got the update notice and saw the French and Spanish updates on the list. I went and unchecked those and click on the updates again and they were gone. Very easy.
rayburn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rayburn »

Hey, many thanks folks for your replies, I think I've got it sorted now, but not sure until I reboot!
rayburn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rayburn »

Yes, problem solved thanks to you guys.

Cheers!

Return to “Other topics”